Confidentiality at Dale Carnegie Business Group
Protection of Personal Information
Our Company is committed to providing every customer with exceptional service. We consider the protection of the personal information of each customer (including potential customers) to be a key part of our high level of service.
We consider “personal information” to be information about an identifiable individual. We do not consider public information found in directories and listings, or business names, addresses and/or contact numbers, to be personal information.
We have adopted, as Company policy, the ten personal information privacy principles stated in the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information. The ten principles are as follows:
(1) Accountability – We will identify individuals in our Company who are to be responsible for our compliance with the CSA Code. Their responsibilities will include making sure that third parties who process personal information on our behalf will comply with the CSA Code.
(2) Identifying the Purpose – We will only collect and use personal information about our customers to identify them, to communicate with them, to protect the Company and its customers against error and fraud, to understand what products and services our customers want and to provide information about our products and services to our customers. We will not disclose any personal information concerning our customers to anyone else and we will not permit anyone else to use personal information about our customers for any purpose without the customer’s consent.
(3) Consent – Before collecting, using or disclosing any personal information about any individual, we will ensure that we have the individual’s consent in an appropriate form.
(4) Limiting Collection – We will collect personal information only for the purposes stated above unless we receive consent from the individual to collect it for another purpose.
(5) Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention – We will not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. Personal information shall be retained only as long as necessary.
(6) Accuracy – We will maintain all personal information in our possession in as accurate, complete and up-to-date form as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
(7) Safeguards – We will protect all personal information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
(9) Individual Access – Upon request, an individual will be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information and given access to that information. An individual shall be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
(10) Challenging Compliance – An individual is able to address a challenge concerning compliance with the above principles to the designated individual or individuals accountable for our organization’s compliance.
The foregoing is the Corporate Privacy Statement of Dale Carnegie Business Group, which carries on business in Canada under the names “Dale Carnegie Business Group”, “Business Next Inc.”, “K.D. Crone & Associates Inc.” and “K.D. Crone Maritimes Inc.”
How Can I Be Removed From Your Lists?
If you wish to discontinue contact with us by any or all of these methods, please notify us by any of the methods below and let us know which forms of contact you would like to be removed from.
Dale Carnegie Business Group
2121 Argentia Road, Suite 103, Mississauga, Ontario L5N 2X4
Attn: Customer Privacy Department
1-800-361-2032 / 905-826-7300
Alternatively, all of our direct-contact promotions provide customers with the ability to opt-out from future promotions.
Copyright © 2016 Dale Carnegie Business Group. All rights reserved.